Welcome to the New Normal.
Most people will have 7 to 10 different jobs by the age of 38.
By 2019, 40% of the workforce will be self-employed consultants or free agents, according to the Department of Labor.
According to the Wall Street Journal, “Today, in fact, 20% to 23% of U.S. workers are operating as consultants, freelancers, free agents, contractors or micropreneurs.”
Current projections see the number only rising in coming years. Imagine one in four workers, of all collars, working on a contingent basis.
Whole career paths and professions have shifted from stable full-time jobs with definable career ladders and benefits to almost completely contingent work forces that shift from project to project.
How can you survive, adapt and succeed in this environment?
Watch Elizabeth’s video introduction to The Economy of One™!
Stuck in transition?
What will you Learn?
- A step-by-step process that will help you effectively identify and explore your options. Looking for full-time employment is just one of many paths available to you.
- Strategic self-promotion, communication and networking skills. You will learn how to engage a straightforward methodology designed to take the guesswork out of the self-promotion “sales” process.
- Create your customized MAP. You will learn how to write a highly focused Marketing Action Plan -connecting “who you know” with “who you want to know” leading to new opportunities.
- Insight into the strategic mindset of those doing the hiring. Understand how employer priorities align with yours before you interview.
- Become accountable. After defining your MAP, you can use best practice business tools to drive measurable progress.
- Re-connect to passion, proficiency and profitability. We will help you identify options that are best suited for your natural abilities and interests.
- Monitor progress. You will learn how to approach every networking event, job fair or interview with a focused plan.
- Achieve transparency. Communicate to others your progress so that the questions of “what’s your plan?” and “what have you been up to?” are easy to address.
- Recapture confidence. You will learn 8 critical questions that are designed to empower you.